“It’s amazing what happens when you aren’t given a choice. You find ways to get whatever you have to do done.” — Angus Reid
For those of you not familiar with Angus, he recently retired from professional football after playing 13 amazing years for the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League. The BC native played in 200 professional games placing him in the top 10 all time for games played by a BC Lion. Throughout his career, Angus has also been a 3-time all-star, 2-time Grey Cup Champion and 5-time team captain.
A long shot to make it and considered too short and too small by pro football standards, Angus beat the odds. He didn’t even begin playing football until the eleventh grade. He then missed three of his five collegiate seasons with a severe stomach ailment, making it back for his senior season and becoming only the 6th All American in school history.
Angus became the 4th overall pick in the 2001 CFL college draft by the Toronto Argonauts, only to be cut by them following his first training camp. It has been through sheer relentlessness and determination that Angus was able to not only fulfill his seemingly impossible dream, but also be able to do it longer than almost anybody else.
Today Angus has become much more than simply a football star. He’s a true fixture in his community and speaks non-stop across both Canada and the U.S to businesses, schools and sports teams on what it really takes to make your dreams a reality.
During our conversation, Angus talks about what it took to fulfill his seemingly impossible dream.
P.S. Think others might enjoy listening to this session? If so, consider sharing it on Twitter. It’s really easy, just go here and click tweet. Thanks so much. 🙏
or listen by…
- Angus Reid – Wikipedia
- [VIDEO] Why We Need High School Football | Angus Reid | TEDx West Vancouver
- Simon Fraser University
- Angus Reid consumes more than 10,000 calories in preparation for a CFL game
- Saved by a Brother’s Love — My Forgotten Season In Germany by Angus Reid
- Official Site of the BC Lions
- 94th Grey Cup – BC Lions vs Montreal Alouettes (2006)
- 99th Grey Cup – BC Lions vs Winnipeg Blue Bombers (2011)
- [VIDEO] Angus Reid’s Press Conference to Announce Retirement – BC Lions
- [VIDEO] What’s next for Angus Reid? One of CFL’s Longest Tenured Players Retires
- [VIDEO] Mastering the Skill of Trust | Angus Reid | TEDx WhiteRock
Want to hear another inspiring story? — Check out my interview with Jodi Handrahan — a mindset coach, Naam Yoga Therapist and founder of Everyday Naam who uses her intuition and knowledge to help people from all walks of life. Stream below or right-click here to download.