“I believe in the power of data to change decision-making and culture. It’s all about finding the signal in the noise.” — Raviv Turner
In this podcast session, I had the opportunity to speak with Raviv Turner, Co-Founder & CEO @CaliberMind.
For those who may not be familiar with Raviv, he and his all-star team at CaliberMind have built a leading Customer Data Platform designed specifically for the B2B Revenue Marketer with one aim in mind — to be THE “single source of truth” for marketing and sales teams that finally gives them the “superpowers” they need to grow revenue faster, together.
Raviv developed and mastered his data intelligence “superpowers” as a military intelligence officer and now, for the past decade, has been helping CMOs, and B2B marketers grow revenue using these honed data intelligence skills.
In 2017, Raviv was selected as one of the ‘Top Tech Leaders to Watch’ by Inc. magazine and is also a contributor to Forbes Tech Council. He is also a sought-after speaker at marketing conferences on the topics of marketing analytics, data intelligence and marketing AI, including Dreamforce, MarTech Conference, and MarketingProfs B2B Forum.
Despite all that Raviv does, he still finds time to ‘give back’ as both a personal advisor to CMOs on the topic of marketing technology and data analytics strategy to help improve their revenue accountability and customer-centricity skills – and as an angel investor and mentor at well-known startup accelerator @Techstars.
Here are a few highlights from our discussion:
03:42 — How a former Israeli Intelligence Officer found himself in Boulder, Colorado running CaliberMind – a leading B2B Customer Data Platform for Revenue Marketers.
07:10 — 3 reasons why Boulder, Colorado has such a strong tech community and culture.
10:43 — Empathy: why it’s a personality trait all good product managers must possess.
14:20 — #MarTechPorn: What it is and how it relates to CaliberMind’s #UnMarTech Manifesto (…and the correct approach to building your MarTech stack).
18:55 — Why CaliberMind is focused on building THE “single source of truth” (aka superpower) for B2B marketing and sales teams.
28:29 — How CaliberMind operationalizes revenue marketing at their own company (…and a CEO’s perspective on the obstacles B2B marketers face when trying to adopt revenue marketing.)
36:05 — “Data pukes” and the framework Raviv and his team use when building meaningful, actionable marketing and sales dashboard that drives real insights and business results.
P.S. Please leave a review of the show on Apple Podcasts 🙂 🙏🏻
Stream by clicking here.
Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Connect with Raviv Turner on LinkedIn | Twitter
- CaliberMind’s Official Website
- The CaliberMind #UnMarTech Manifesto
- The 2018 State of Revenue Marketing Report by Heinz Marketing & CaliberMind
- Revenue Analytics & Attribution done RIGHT by Nic Zangre VP Product, CaliberMind (Oct 2018)
- It’s time to change up your martech stack graphic by Scott Vaughan
- The Israeli Intelligence Community [Source: Wikipedia]
- Signals intelligence [Source: Wikipedia]
- Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP)
- Boulder, Colorado, USA [Source: Wikipedia]
- Techstars | Startup Accelerator Program
- University of Colorado
- NCAR | National Center of Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado
- The MarTech Conference
- The HubSpot Customer Code
- What Is Conversational Marketing? [Source: Drift]
- Marketing Technology Landscape Supergraphic (2018): Martech 5000 (actually 6,829)
- 54 marketing stacks from The Stackies 2018: Marketing Tech Stack Awards
- Democratizing martech: distributing power from IT to marketing technologists to everyone by Scott Brinker
- Why Business Fails To Travel The ‘Last Mile’ Of Analytics
- What Happens When a ‘HiPPO’ Runs Your Company?
- Rise of the Revenue Marketer by Debbie Qaqish
- Brad Feld, early stage investor and co-founder of the Foundry Group
- Scott Vaughan, CMO at Integrate
- Scott Brinker, VP Platform Ecosystem at HubSpot
- Drift — Conversational Marketing Platform
- G2 Crowd — Business Software and Reviews Platform
- Pedowitz Group — B2B Revenue Marketing Consulting Firm
- Matt Heinz, President of Heinz Marketing
- Chris Nixon, VP Marketing at CaliberMind
Did you enjoy this episode? — Then check out the episode with Debbie Qaqish. During our conversation, we discuss the evolution of revenue marketing in greater detail.
Stream below or right-click here to download.