In episode 19, I had a down-to-earth conversation with Harrison Rose, Co-founder and Chief Customer Officer of Paddle about what it takes to build an incredible ‘company culture’ as the company scales.
As Paddle rapidly grows, its goal is to be the best place to work in London, England. To show they’re serious about this they’ve gone to extraordinary lengths to make their employees happy including giving every team member access to mental health coaching, running mindfulness sessions at lunch, and providing every non-technical member of the team free coding lessons (to name a few).
For those not familiar with Harrison, he began working in software at the age of 16 while still in school. At 18 he co-founded Paddle, leading the go-to-market and commercial efforts, with revenues tripling each year since launch which has made Paddle one of the fastest growing software companies in the UK according to Deloitte Fast 50.
P.S. Before you go please leave a review on Apple Podcasts 🙂 🙏🏻
- Connect with Harrison on LinkedIn
- Paddle.com – Unlock your true potential
- Paddle Now One of the Fastest Growing in the Deloitte Fast 50 By Christian Owens CEO & Co-Founder, Paddle
- Paddle’s Company Values
- Working at Paddle | Glassdoor
- Midlands, England
- Unconscious bias training
- Blind Hiring: A How-To Guide To Reduce Bias & Increase Diversity
- Monzo | An update on diversity and inclusion at Monzo
- Netflix Culture
- Mental health (wikipedia.org)
- Myers Briggs
- StandOut 2.0: Assess Your Strengths, Find Your Edge, Win at Work Hardcover By Marcus Buckingham (2015)
- Obviously Awesome: How to Nail Product Positioning so Customers Get It, Buy It, Love It By April Dunford (2019)
Did you enjoy this episode? — Then check out the episode I did with friend and serial tech entrepreneur Dmitry Buterin. During our conversation, we cover a variety of topics including sabbaticals, personal growth, parenting, entrepreneurship, business culture and leadership, and even blockchain.