“People always overestimate what they can do in the short term and underestimate what they can do in the long term.” — Dmitry Buterin, Serial tech entrepreneur, angel investor, and advisor.
In this podcast session, I sat down with friend and serial tech entrepreneur Dmitry Buterin. Dmitry is the founder of three multi-million dollar businesses, including Wild Apricot — a leading membership management software company that he grew from 0 to $10M before it was acquired in late 2017 by Personify.
He’s also an angel investor and advisor to several tech and blockchain businesses one being BlockGeeks – a top online resource for anyone who’s interested in learning how to become a world-class Blockchain developer.
Dmitry also happens to be the proud father of Vitalik Buterin who is the creator of Ethereum, which – as of this writing – had a market cap of $46 billion, making it the second most valuable crypto network next to Bitcoin.
Whenever we meet our conversations tend to cover “a lot of ground” and this one was no exception. During the session, we covered a variety of topics including sabbaticals, personal growth, parenting, entrepreneurship, business culture and leadership, and even blockchain.
P.S. Think others might get value from listening to this? Then consider sharing it on Twitter by going here and clicking tweet. Thanks in advance. 🙏
Stream by clicking here
Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- Dmitry’s Personal Website
- Connect with Dmitry on Twitter | LinkedIn
- Wild Apricot
- [ARTICLE] From the Chief Apricot: I Am Moving on from Wild Apricot
- [OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT] Personify Acquires Wild Apricot
- [ARTICLE] Personify / Wild Apricot Deal Is Brilliant by Ben Martin
- Brave Mind
- Noting Meditation
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO)
- Thiel Fellowship
- [VIDEO] Reinventing Organizations — Frederic Laloux
- Teal Organizations
- [VIDEO] The First Principles Method Explained by Elon Musk
- Netflix’s Culture Deck
- Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins
- Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion by Sam Harris
- Buddhism Plain and Simple by Sam Hagan
- Reinventing Organizations by Frederic Laloux
- Philip McKernan
- Tony Robbins
- Colin Collard
- Vitalik Buterin
- Elon Musk
- Peter Thiel
- Frederic Laloux
- Shiv Narayanan
- Patrick Lencioni
- Ameer Rosic
- Jason Fried
- David Heinemeier Hansson (DHH)
Did you enjoy this episode? — Then check out the episode with Angus Reid who retired from professional football after playing 13 amazing years for the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League. The BC native played in 200 professional games placing him in the top 10 all-time for games played by a BC Lion. Throughout his career, Angus has also been a 3-time all-star, 2-time Grey Cup Champion and 5-time team captain. Stream below or right-click here to download.